It will be of no surprise that my resolutions often resolve around travel. Sometimes it’s the place I want to visit, other times it’s more to do with the type of travel.
Here are a few resolutions of this type;
- Read up on the history of where you’re going. It adds to your experience if you have a little background on the country.
- Read a book by a local author, it can put you in touch with the mood of the people.
- Learn a few words in the local language, it’s always appreciated.
- Find out what the area is famous for, be it art, handicrafts, food or drink; and check it out while you’re there.
- Don’t over-schedule the trip, leave room for serendipity!
- Talk to strangers, especially if they are locals. You can learn wonderful things, from un-known history to a great restaurant.
- Don’t compare where you are vacationing unfavorably. Variety is the spice of life!
Take some time to think about what your New Years Travel Resolution should be!