- Careful planning- If you have a well planned trip, it's going to save you valuable vacation time. The shorter your vacation, the more it needs to be organized. Pre-booked hotels, transfers and tours can save you hours of frustration. And read up on your destination, it will add immeasurably to your appreciation.
- Don't over plan- Even on a short trip allow time for relaxation and exploring. Often the highlights of a vacation are the back streets and alleys of a city, the stranger you talked to in a cafe.
- Be open to new experiences- You left home to see something new , so don't expect things to be like they are at home. Don't be judgmental about local customs. Try the local food, stay at typical accommodations and go to local markets. Learn at least a few words of the local language. Get off your computer, ipad and phone and experience real life!
- Don't be controlling- You're on vacation, enjoy the moment! When plans go awry don't take it personally. Try and relax and make the best of things, and stay polite.
- Attitude is everything- You can have the most amazing exotic experiences with-out travelling too far or spending too much money. So much depends on your state of mind while travelling!
Your time is precious, if you're like me you want to only have exceptional holidays! Here's how.
Happy New Year! If you are like me and travel forms part of your New Years resolution you may be interested in some of the top travel trends for 2015.
I hope you make a New Year's travel resolution to take a trip to somewhere you haven't been, and to try something new!
Travel Consultant specializing in Cruise and Independent Travel.